Am I the only person who could eat spoonfuls of spaghetti sauce ALL day? It is quite good on its own but it is definitely better when it is a part of Chicken Parmesan!
This is a quick and easy dinner so it is great when you are in a hurry or if you are just REALLY hungry. It goes well with your favorite salad or some lightly sauteed or roasted vegetables. My recommendations are some squash, zucchini, or baked asparagus with parmesan.
1 package of chicken tenders (You can buy chicken breasts then cut them into chicken tender strips)
1 cup of Italian bread crumbs
1 jar of marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce
2 cups of mozzarella cheese
- Put a pan on the stovetop and turn to medium heat (level 4-5). Pour about one tablespoon of olive oil in the pan.
- While the stove is heating up, whisk one egg in a small bowl and pour about 1 cup of Italian Bread crumbs into another medium sized bowl. Place the chicken tenders in the bowl with the egg wash.
- Once the pan is hot enough, take a chicken tender and let some excess drip off and dip into the bread crumbs and make sure to cover it the whole thing, it may seem like a thin amount but don’t fret, it gives it just enough breading.
- Lay the chicken tender in the pan and continue until pan is almost full. Make sure to leave room for the chicken to cook. Sometimes I use two pans at once to cook them faster. I use tongs to flip them once they are done on one side which takes about 3-4 minutes. You do not have to cook them all the way through although they are thin enough they will almost be cooked through. Get them nice and brown on the outside. You’ll want to add olive oil to the pan before you put in a new chicken so you get the good brown outside.
- While these are cooking, preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- As the chicken gets brown you can lay them in a 9X13 pan.
- Once all the chicken tenders are done, spoon the spaghetti sauce over the chicken tenders. I used about 1/3 of a jar.
- Then sprinkle the mozzarella on top. I used about 2 cups but make sure to cover the chicken; so you may use more than that.
- Place the chicken in the oven for about 8-10 minutes until cheese is a little bubbly.