Spring is here!
With spring comes the SUN but also a craving for some light, moist fish and bright red, juicy cherry tomatoes! Well, at least for me. 😉
This quick meal is great for a Sunday afternoon when your chore list includes: 5 loads of laundry, cleaning the car after a long winter, and picking up some groceries. This has been Erica-tested-Erica-approved.
Baked Tilapia with an Avocado & Tomato Salad
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 Tilapia fillet
- 1 small diced avocado
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- Baby Spinach (handful)
- Olive oil
pinches and dashes of:
- Black pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the diced avocado, cherry tomatoes, 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, a dash of black pepper and garlic powder. Set aside. Don’t be afraid of a little brown in your avocado…it still tastes delicious! I sometimes add a squeeze of lemon juice to an avocado mixture to help it keep from browning.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the tilapia fillet in 4 equal size pieces and lay on parchment paper.
- Take pinches of black pepper, parsley, paprika, and garlic powder and sprinkle them over the fillets. Then spoon a little olive oil over the fillets.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for 15 minutes. I kept mine in for 15 minutes but it also depends on the thickness of your fillets. The olive oil will help to keep them moist.
- Once fillets are done, take them out and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Take a plate and lay a handful of spinach in the middle of the plate, top with two pieces of the fillet, spoon the tomato and avocado salad on top.