Oh veggies…you are so hard to get enough of.
Since it’s hard to get the veggies our bodies need, I try to make a big pan full of veggies once a week. One of my recent favorites is a Sweet Potato & Brussel Sprout Hash. I never really cooked with brussel sprouts before but they are great when paired with something sweet like the lovely sweet potato. The sugary flavor, soft texture of the sweet potatoes balance the earthy, crunchy flavor of the brussel sprouts. I’m so in love that I make this once a week!
I hope you’ll love it, too!
Sweet Potato & Brussel Sprout Hash
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 2 sweet potatoes, medium diced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 16oz container of brussel sprouts, chopped in half
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- For the brussel sprouts, cut off the small white end and chop brussel sprouts in half. Toss these into a 9X13 inch pan
- Chop the onion in large cubes and toss into the 9X13 inch pan
- Dice the sweet potatoes into small cubes and toss into the 9X13 inch pan
- Add the olive oil and spices on top of the veggies in the pan and stir until covered. The olive oil may seem like a lot but these dry veggies will soak up that olive oil while baking.
- Cover the 9X13 inch pan with foil and pop it in the oven for 40 minutes. Stir the veggies at the half way point (20 minutes)
- Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!!