To apologize for my long hiatus I thought I would post a simple, amazing dessert.
I really did try new recipes for the blog in the last several months…but they all turned out slightly disastrous. One notable one in my mind was when I had made a tasty homemade spaghetti sauce but it used all my kitchen utensils and it was super messy. Not something that I thought people would enjoy putting their kitchen through. With all the others, they just never quite made the cut. Not healthy enough, not simple enough.
I finally simplified a bit and found a really quick, cool, chocolatey dessert that is great for hot summer days.
- three 15 ounce containers of ricotta cheese
- 10 ounces of dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 6 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- Double boil the dark chocolate and almond milk together. Read Here to learn how to set one up. For this step, I added water to a big pot and added the ingredients to a smaller pot that floats in the big pot. Probably not recommended but it seems to work so far. I wouldn’t risk my chocolate if it didn’t. I set the temperature to a medium heat so the water was simmering but not boiling.
- Stir the chocolate until melted.
- Add the ricotta, melted chocolate, and confectioners sugar to the food processor. Mix until blended.
- Divide ricotta mixture into mugs or ramekins and set in the fridge for several hours before serving.