Hangry: state of mind (hungry + angry) that occurs sometimes after work but before dinner. If a bag of baked cheddar n’ sour cream potato chips are around, they are instantly an endangered species.
For this, and because I have been meaning to make them for a while, I made some protein bites! I only need a one or two to keep me from eating a whole bag of potato chips.
Yields: 15-20 small round balls
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup whole flax seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon chocolate fudge protein powder (can add 1 or 2 more tablespoons, it doesn’t seem to overpower the flavor)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (can substitute with honey)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
If you want to double the recipe, go head and double everything except for the vanilla extract. Keep this at 1/2 teaspoon. I even switched it up once and used almond extract for a separate batch. Very good!
- In a large bowl, mix all the items together
- Set in fridge for 30-60 minutes
- Take bowl out of fridge and make 1 inch round balls
- Place in tupperware and set in fridge to keep cold
- Eat at your leisure!